Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Chicken Love

My love of chickens is a recent ~ as in the last 6 or so years ~ phenomenon.  I love them!  I've got ceramic chickens, cross stitch chickens (thanks Mom) and real chickens.....14 of them. 

I found this cute garland on pinterest this morning ~

These chickens are too cute!  B/W spotted felt chicken garland. Móbile Decorativo - Galinha D´Angola:

Which would be adorable hanging over my kitchen window ~ I would make different color chickens since mine are all different!  This is adorable!  Hopefully the link has directions.

Here are some more chicken goodies ~
Galinhas lindas:
cute little chickens to cross stitch ~ would be great on a kitchen towel


Cross stitch chickens:
more little cross stitch

They grew sunflowers up against the coop to help provide shade in the summer and the hens ate any bugs that came around.:
Know where I am planting my sunflowers next year ~ shade for the girls!

Emptying a few cans of corn into a muffin tray, adding water & then freezing it is a very small act of kindness. But on hot days, it means the world to the chickens that live here. Pecking away at an ice block to finally be rewarded with a cold corn kernel is a great way to help them keep cool .:
great idea for hot days and my chickens love vegetables and scraps!

Try a Wheatgrass Wagon (Your Birds Will Thank You) --> http://www.hgtvgardens.com/chickens/backyard-chicken-coop-ideas?s=5&?soc=pinterest:
wheatgrass wagon ~ I would use some of the planters the previous owners left




beautiful eggs ~ who needs artificial dye?

Thankful for~
the sturdy coop Greg built
beautiful chickens
variety of egg colors
fresh eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.