Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Eggy Breakfast Muffins

I found a recipe on pinterest this week for Easy Breakfast Muffins ~ I was intrigued.  They have a shredded hash brown potato crust and looked easy and yummy.  The original link is http://www.playpartypin.com/2015/03/easy-breakfast-muffins.html.

Here are my pictures of the process ~

hashbrown, cheese, and egg crust

added ham to each cup after the hashbrowns baked

next came eggs and cheese

looks yummy ~ right out of the oven


even though I greased the pan, they still stuck
My take on this recipe ~ I would do it again....but with modifications.  They needed more flavor ~ so sausage or bacon may be a better addition than ham or more than one meat if we have it.  The original recipe called for bacon but I had the ham handy.  The hashbrowns added a little to the recipe but I am not sure if it was enough for the carbs.  Think I will try next time with liners in the muffin pans. 

This recipe is Chihuahua approved....they gobbled up what I scraped out of the pans.

Thankful for ~
new recipes
having all the ingredients
easy pinterest links
time to experiment


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.