Monday, March 23, 2015

You Asked~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And what is an Easter Egger you ask?

An easter egger chicken is not any specific breed ~ to maybe its a chicken "mutt".  As the hens grow the feathers on each one will vary ~ most will average 6-7 pounds.

They will lay about 4 xtra large eggs per week ~  and the egg colors will be blue, pink, green, or multicolored.....hence the name.

I got my information for this chicken lesson from http://www.mypetchicken.com/chicken-breeds/Easter-Eggers-B145.aspx..

Now ya know! 

(When the co op said they were getting them, I looked them up, after I saw the egg colors I knew we needed some!)


2 comments:

  1. oh, they sound cute! and colored eggs, can't beat that. the more you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you learn something new every day! We have a lady at church that swears that green eggs are the best! I don't know about that, but it does sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.