Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Stage is Set

Wow, getting a house ready for staging is a lot of work.

 Greg has painted the dining room, living room and bathroom.  Then he touched up the paint in every other room.  All the paintings and pictures came down and all those holes got spackled and touched up.  The house and the pool house got pressure washed.

We've all worked on cleaning out both sections of the attic, the linen closet, kitchen cabinets, closets, etc.  Although in theory, the stuff was neatly in all those locations and now its crammed in the garage ~ weird!  Amy was my step ladder climber and cleared out the tops of the kitchen cabinets for me.

I slogged through the muddy yard and cut the grass (our curb appeal is rutted yard), James and Will worked really hard at moving my compost pile.  Whoever buys this house will have some planter boxes filled with gorgeous compost.  The lawn has been edged and weed eated.

Yesterday morning, the whole downstairs was swept, mopped, vacummed, counters cleaned off, stuff taken off coffee tables and bedside tables, and bathroom counters.  In other words....sterile, not lived in, not cozy ~ yuck!  I ran out of places to put stuff off the kitchen counters and ended up putting my utensil crock and my dish drainer in the oven.  At least it won't show in the pictures!

This was spring cleaning on Steriods!

At one the chaos began.  A few paintings hung, lamps turned on, blinds opened, and pictures taken from all angles.  By 2:15 the chaos was done.  By 2:30 we were plopped on the couch doing nothing.

Just sitting! 

The sign goes in the yard today.  I am looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Tomorrow ~ I will post a few pics of the house we are buying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.