Friday, May 30, 2014

So What Is COSTOCHONDRITIS?

Costochondritis ~it is a swelling or inflammation of the tissue that connects your ribs with your breastbone.  It may occur on it own, through trauma (accident, or simply from coughing or minor exercise. I may take up to 6 weeks to get better.  (6 weeks is a very long time)  If you have ever had pleurisy (I have), its like that but in the front center of your chest with pain radiating toward your shoulders.  Its also called arthritis of the ribs.

So why talk about this?

I met it up close and personal.  And I developed it on Tuesday.  Ended up in the ER on Tuesday night thinking I was having a heart attack.  It was scary.  One of those things that sneaks up on you and you never want to meet it again scary.

We are very Thankful it was just costochondritis and not  heart related.  It could have been so much worse.

It could have been brought on by playing in the waves on Monday at the beach ~ or working (but the working trauma probably would have occurred before now) ~ or just breathing....no one knows.

So I've just been sitting ~ resting ~ watching some movies ~ cross stitching ~ reading ~ playing backgammon on the kindle.  Amy has fixed dinners for us and worked at the shop.

I am thankful for ~ a caring family, modern medicine, warm hospital blankets, pain medication

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.