Galatians 2:20 & 21 "For I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lines in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing."

Monday, January 13, 2014

A New Business Venture?

I have found several pictures on Pinterest that I would love to turn into cross stitch ~ but drawing a cross stitch pattern out by hand and trying to figure out the spacing is tedious & very time consuming...I have done it!  And after all that work ~ it may not even be appreciated because no one else knows the time it took to do the work and then to stitch it.

Greg bought me a new toy last week that will greatly help ~ its a computer program that makes cross stitch designs.

Ethically, I can't take someone else's art and make a cross stitch design and sell it ~ that would infringe on tons of copywrite laws.  But I can take one of my own pictures and transfer it to cross stitch & sell the design OR take an idea and make it my own (there are a couple of those we are working on now!).  And since I am married to a computer wiz/engineering genius, he is having a blast with this program!  So we shall see where this adventure takes it ~ it could be the beginning of Jackson Publishing!

As he was playing around the other day ~ he found an awesome, very special lettering font & promptly made me a picture to stitch ~


I have the border to do and then its done!  This is for our tiniest Tapley buddy ~ who has a loving spirit, precious laughter, beautiful eyes, sweet hugs, loves all things Minnie Mouse & happens to be hearing impaired.

Last night, as I was stitching, Greg was figuring out how to letter some art I found.  Then he will transfer it to the cross stitch program & a new pattern is born!


2 comments:

  1. That little Tapley girl is certainly a special little girl! She's so blessed to have you as her adopted grandma as well as her brothers and sisters!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not, Donna? With your skills, I know you can pull it off! Creating intricate designs will surely gather you a lot of buyers. If ever you finalize everything, you can rely on professionals to acquire certification regarding your business. Good luck! :)

    Barton Wilson @ ISA Registrar

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! This blog is based on my Christian view of my role in our home, with lots of cooking, creativity, homeschooling and gardening sprinkled throughout. I also talk about my faith & journey on my Christian walk. I pray you will have a blessed day!