Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Project

Back in October, I pleated 4 or 5 dresses to smock ~ then life happened and the smocking didn't ~ I pulled out 2 to get started on & one of them is almost finished!  The top picture is the stitching around the neckline of the bishop dress,   The bottom pic is the sleeve detail.  I had pulled out turquoise, yellow, and hot pink threads to smock with but the fabric is so bright you couldn't see the smocking.  I finally settled on using 4 strands of white.



In 2 weeks I am going to take my first heirloom sewing class ~ I am excited about this opportunity!
Below is a picture of the project the class will do ~

1 comment:

  1. Love the fabric of the smocked dress! Angel T

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.