Thursday, October 18, 2012

Truth for Thursday

Wisdom comes from the Lord!

2 Corinthians 1:19a  "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God."

The following is a chilling example of seeking worldly wisdom instead of Godly wisdom...

Proverbs 1:28-33
 "Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.  Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord.  They would have none of my counsel and despised my every rebuke.  Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way, and be filled to the full with their own fancies.  For the turning away of the simple will slay them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them,  But whoever listens to Me will dwell safely, and will be secure without fear of evil."

Value of Wisdom

Proverbs 2:1-7
"My son, if you receive my words, and treasure my commands withing you, so that you incline your ear to wisdom and apply your heart to understanding; yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding.  If you see her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.  For the Lord gives wisdom, from His mouth come knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly."

Proverbs 3:13-15
"Happy is the may who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding; for her proceeds are better than the profits of silver, and her gain than fine fold.  She is more precious than rubies, and all the things you may desire cannot compare with her."

May we all desire the Lords wisdom and guidance over the worlds and of any man.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.