Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Daybook

for today.....

Outside my window...cloudy, may get lots of rain this afternoon and tonight ~ it'll be great to wash away some of this pollen
I am thinking...about how complicated life can be sometimes ~ its really sad when a young man has to spend many, many hours in school to get a decent job to support himself and a family. I think simpler lifestyles and living would be better for all of us.

I am thankful for...open-ness in talking, shared laughter
From the kitchen...honestly...right now, I don't have a clue

From the learning room...Spanish, Algebra, lots of Bible Drill practice, Language, History
I am wearing...lavendar top, black skirt

I am creating...smocked dresses, hand quilted wall hanging (my first)
I am going...to live a God-centered, home centered life

I am reading..."The Children Trap, Biblical Principles for Education" by Robert Thoburn, Psalms, "Experiencing God" by Henry Blackaby
I am praying...for my children to have the desires for a God-centered life

I am hearing...Bible Drill practice, puppy paws, fingers typing, cars driving by
Around the house...school, crafts, starting seeds for the summer garden

One of my favorite things...fun times with my girls
A few plans for the rest of the week...dance lessons, bible study, Associational Bible Drill, 1 day missions trip to a small Miss. church~ painting, recarpeting,community-wide cookout

Pictures to share...
springtime in Mississippi

Apple Blossom

the girls Marigold Flowers

My camellia bloomed late this year, but has blessed us with gorgeous flowers

"Swinging" girls

Greg and his chipper provided us with lots of mulch for our trees and bushes

A future mighty Pecan Tree "twig"  

I would love to post pictures of my flowering wisteria but mine isn't flowering.  In fact, it never has ~ I got ripped off in the wisteria dept., mine goes from vines to leaves ~ argh!  3 years and not a single lavendar blossom.  Greg suggested I stop on the side of the road and get a "cutting" to root but I would probably get poison ivy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.