Saturday, September 25, 2010

Book Review...

I read the book "Love and Respect for a Lifetime" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs

The book eloquently states that "Women absolutely need love and Men absolutely need respect".
It also points out..."Oh that couples would discover the power of Love and Respect. Love and Respect are like oxygen to a suffocating person and this is one reason why God commands a husband to love and a wife to respect".

I totally agree with the above but I would also like to add that wives need respect and husbands need love also. Its a give/give, 2 way street. I think this would be an excellent gift book for newly married couples, for couples about to marry and for couples that are struggling in their marriage. For couples with a great marriage, I think this would be a little repetitive.

James 1:19
"So then my beloved brethren, let everyman be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I read the book Love and Respect a few years ago and it really is a good book to recommend to newly married couples or those having difficulties. I had to chuckle about what you said that women need respect and men need love too, because that is exactly what I thought while reading the book!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.