THE SOUTHERN TEN COMMANDMENTS
This is much easier to remember !!!
Some people have trouble with all those 'shall's' and 'shall not's' in the Ten Commandments. Some folks just aren't used to talking in those terms. So, in middle Tennessee they translated the 'King James' into ' Jackson County ' language....no joke (posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Gainsborough , TN ).
(1) Just one God
(2) Put nothin' before God
(3) Watch yer mouth
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin'
(5) Honor yer Ma & Pa
(6) No killin'
(7) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal (or another gal's fellow)
(8) Don't take what ain't yers
(9) No tellin' tales or gossipin'
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff
Now that's plain an' simple. Y'all have a nice day now, ya hear! And God bless your little pea pickin' heart....