Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Church on Sunday....

Sunday is the day Christians celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ! Its one of my favorite Sunday's of the year because it reminds me of the ultimate sacrifice the Lord made for me. He died for me, so that I could accept his gift and live with him forever and ever.

However, there is one thing that I don't like at this time. I do not like the films depicting the Crucifixion. It breaks my heart every time I see it, so now I look at the floor. I still cry but I don't see the agony and the horror. I know this doesn't bother some people, but it crushes me. Praise the Lord, that it didn't end on Friday...he was resurrected on Sunday!

I also know that some people only come to church once a year...on Resurrection Sunday. Maybe they think that coming once a year will save them. I don't know their reasons but it happens at churchs every year in the springtime. I pray that the visitors at our own church this Sunday will realize we worship a living God. Mark 16:6 Don't be alarmed he said, You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has Risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him.

On the radio today, we heard about a church that is offering "incentives" for church goers this Sunday. This church is located in Corpus Christi, Texas...they are giving away prizes for visitors. Every child that attends will be given a new bike. Adults will be entered in drawings for major prizes such as a large flat screen tv. It is unbelievable but true.

My church will offer you a gift also, you just have to receive it. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him would not perish but have eternal life".

The real gift is Jesus. He is the only gift in this world that matters. He is priceless. I am very thankful and appreciative that I had Godly parents who took me to church. I am thankful that Jesus Christ has been my Lord & Savior for 38 years. I am blessed to have a husband and children that all believe in him and have accepted his gift of eternal life.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, spirit filled Resurrection Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! We have a family member coming with us this Sunday who attends church on Christmas and Easter. If you think of it, say a prayer for us. We were surprised when she asked to come and suspect that she really more just wants to see the kids but that's fine with us -- she's going to hear the gospel...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.