Friday, May 11, 2018

Life is Good!

Its me again!

My recovery is almost complete.  The Lord has blessed me with most of my strength and endurance returned.  Greg and I even went to Disney a couple of weeks ago and I didn't have any real issues.  More on that later.

Will has been a big help getting the garden planted.  He did all the tilling and helped me plant.  We have squash, tomatoes, potatoes, green beans, cucumbers, corn, and sunflowers.  I have a couple of pots of marigolds and have divided my mint and chocolate mint into little pots as gifts.  The yard has been mowed a couple of times.  We have peaches and nectarines on their trees.  The apples don't seem to have done much.  My blueberry bushes (or booberry as Aiden calls them) are loaded.  And our muscadine vines are growing.

The weather here is GA has been so weird.  We were still using our fireplace into April some.  One day would be 80 and the next would be 50.  It looks like the warm weather is here to stay now.

Our newlyweds are doing great.  I love having them 15 minutes away.  They have been married for 6 1/2 months now!  Time flies.

The grandboys are all getting bigger.  Robert is almost 6, Thomas just turned 4, Aiden will be 4 in August, and Alvin will be 3 in September.  We don't have babies anymore!  I love their sweet hugs and kisses.  They love to get together and play.

Back to Disney,  we have been reminded a number of times thru the years, that each day together is a precious gift.  In Dec.  that hit us upside the head again.  (Back history, we both lost our first spouses thru death, my husband in 1996 and his wife in 2004.)  We've worked and saved for years, put kids thru college, had a major part in our 4 married kids weddings, etc.  We decided to indulge our Disney love and buy an annual pass.  We live 8 hours away, so we can easily do 4 or 5 days and get home.  When we went to Disney in April, it was my first time in 34 years with no kids.  It was fantastic.  We've told everyone we were going to do the old folks trip.  Walk, people watch, snack, watch shows, ride some rides, take it easy.  And that's what we did.  This is the first time I have come home, ready to go back again.  I could go tomorrow.  We are planning more trips in the near future.

We thought up a series of blog posts for "Disney for Seniors" or "Disney just the 2 of us" or something similar.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.