Monday, August 8, 2016

Full Freezer

Home Food Preservation Resources ~ my favorite canning book!:

When life blesses you with a full freezer, what do you do to make room?  I start canning!

Today, I've got 10 quarts of yummy vegetable beef soup and 3 quarts of cut up squash canned.  I am defrosting chicken to can.  Defrosting tomatoes to make into salsa, blueberries and strawberries to make into jelly.  I had 2 large Tupperware containers (their large cereal keeper) full of apple pulp from our North GA trip last year...its now in my crockpots with brown sugar, cinnamon, and apple cider to make into apple butter.

If I can find a good deal on ground beef, I will be browning and canning that also.

Amy has her request in for homemade chicken noodle soup, so that's a priority too. 

So far, this summer I have canned squash, green beans, salsa, watermelon jelly, apple/pear butter, and peach jelly. 

My favorite canning book is from the University of GA ~ So Easy to Preserve!  Its got very detailed instructions for preserving food for the future.

Thankful for ~

wonderful directions for pressure and water bath canning
the ease of meal prep with home canned goods
preserving gardens bounty & blessing
lots of jars to fill
getting over my fear of pressure canning
We all have to eat ~ I love this retro poster!:
I love this retro poster from Pinterest!


* Canning Guide:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Donna! Good job - I know what a blessing canning is. And I know what a lot of work it is as well. Stay cool somewhere - I hope you have some ice cream in that freezer for a reward when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.