Friday, July 15, 2016

Short Vacation

Greg and I got to run away from home for a couple of days ~  he had business meetings/classes in Savannah and I went along.  After all he was going to be near my favorite island Hilton Head and then there is the issue of awesome fresh shrimp.  We headed out Sunday after church and drove straight to my childhood happy place Folly Field Beach at Hilton Head.  Its changed quite a bit ~ the little rental houses we stayed in are now McMansions lining the beach and there are 3 or 4 large condo rental places also.  But I still love it, and my sand hating husband indulged my wish to go.  I went prepared with cross stitch and books to read.  We walked the RiverWalk and through the City Market daily (at night) and also got to visit and walk around nearby Tybee Island.  Tybee isn't as crowded as Hilton Head, so I would like to go there and stay sometime. 
We spent many hours playing in these waters as children


My 1st shrimp dinner on the riverwalk in Savannah

found a tiny "butterfly shell, we collected these by the 100's years ago

View of the bridge over the Savannah River from our hotel room

Paula Deens restaurant ~ definitely a Bucket List dinner

Yummy Shrimp & Grits
Thankful for ~

fresh seafood
a few days away
books on my kindle
beautiful sunshine
time with Greg
a break from housework
waves hitting the sand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.