Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Onesie Quilt

Got this onesie quilt idea from a friend in Mississippi

Jennifer saved me all of Aiden's 1st year onesies

This bitty buddy got a onesie quilt for Christmas
When I got the box of onesies from Jennifer, there were 70+ onesies in there!  Sizes from newborn to 12 to 18 months.  The graphics on Newborn onesies are pretty small so I decided to cut a square out of each onesie and sew it to a 9" piece of 100% cotton fabric.  The backing is 9" mint green flannel squares and the batting is 7" squares of Warm & Natural batting.  There are tons of directions for rag quilts and onesie quilts on Pinterest.  Since some of the graphics were small, some squares have 2 or 3 onesie squares.  I machine embroidered his name and birthdate on one square.  I was thrilled with the results and his mommy was too!  Confession ~ it was very hard to cut the first onesie, I guess this since this was my grandsons babyhood I was cutting up.  But after about square 6 or 8....it got a lot easier.  The pictures were taken Saturday ~ this little buddy is on the move constantly and sitting still for a picture with MaMa is not a priority!  He can however be bribed with taking selfies on my cell phone! 

Katie is saving me onesies from her boys and she will get one quilt with a combo of onesies from the 3 boys ~ mainly because I didn't think of doing this till #3 was on the way! 

Thankful for ~
gifts that count
4 little buddies
remembering their babyhood
watching 4 personalities develop
sweet hugs, kisses, and cuddles from all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.