Thursday, March 17, 2016

Beautiful Springtime


Spring has sprung here in GA ~ and with it allergy season.  I've been sniffling and coughing for 2 weeks and totally lost my voice for several of those days.  But with the yucky pollen comes beautiful flowers and flowering trees.  And warmer temperatures have been a plus ~ some days above 80 degrees.  Its kind of a catch 22 situation...the warmer temps lure you outside, then the pollen attacks and you need to go inside ~ doesn't seem quite fair!

Amy and I started a bunch of seeds in cups this week to jumpstart the garden ~ I've saved all Gregs yogurt cups over the winter and had quite a collection.  We started heirloom tomatoes (2 kinds), zucchini, yellow squash, cauliflower, cucumbers, and bell peppers.  My corn, watermelon, bush and pole beans we will start directly in the ground.

Current projects include building a fenced in area for the Chihuahua's ~ they can burrow under the older chain link fence surrounding the pasture and love to annoy the neighbors free range chickens.  We are also ripping up the dirty carpet in the sewing/craft room and replacing it with vinyl tile ~ easy to clean! 

Amy, James, and I tackled shaving the angora rabbits.  What a chore.  I was the rabbit holder while they shaved and clipped.  I did put on a lightweight jacket and work gloves to protect me if they got feisty ~ and they did.  Amy got a huge surprise when we flipped on of the rabbits over to trim their tummy.....seems like Ana and Elsa are actually Ana and Hans.  We are very thankful to not have a bunch of baby angoras.  Hans will be going to the vet.




Ana (or flop ear) was hiding in case we decided to clip again.
This is Hans, he did nip while being clipped, I was thankful for James gloves

Redbud is beautiful






buds on our peach tree
future peaches!

I am thankful for ~
flowers
green trees
allergy medicine
warmer temperatures
longer days
working on projects

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that angora rabbits had to be groomed, but it does make sense. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.