Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I Can't Even Imagine

21 years ago, my daddy died after a very short (6 months) battle with lymphoma.  He was young....just 59 ~ 1 month short of his 60th birthday.

So back to the title ~

I can't even imagine my daddy being 81 years old ~ which is what he would be tomorrow.  OK, I can't even imagine 65, 70, or 75 either.  I also can't imagine ~ how our lives would be different with him here, or how he would have loved his granddaughters (Amy was born almost 2 years after he died, or if circumstances surrounding one of my children could have been different, or watching him with 3 tiny great grandboys, or watching him & mom grow old together.

The Lord had another plan for Daddy and for us.

But no matter how much time passes ~ there are 3 Cash girls that miss him bunches, there are 4 grandsons who remember the fishing, hiking, camping at Bills lake fun they were blessed with, there are 8 additional grand children and 3 great grandchildren who know Grand daddy Bill through the stories they hear.

I can't imagine!

Happy Birthday & love you Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. I know you miss your daddy. I've heard you speak of him so many times. One day...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.