Thursday, April 2, 2015

Making Oil Products ~

I've wanted to get time to use my essential oils to make some cleaning products for our home.  I had time today ~ it also helped that I've wanted to make some laundry detergent & I either had to make it today or go buy some.  So I made the time!

Here are the recipes I used ~ none original to me, just shared with me from various sources ~

Foaming Hand Soap
2 tablespoons liquid castile soap (unscented or baby formula)
1/4 cup fractionated coconut oil (fco) (stays liquid)
10 drops of your favorite  essential oil (Lemon or On Guard *I used 10 of each!)
Add the castile soap, fco, and oil to a air soap pump.  Fill to the top with distilled water.

Spray Hand Sanitizer
5 drops On Guard Oil
distilled water
Add the oil to a small spray bottle and top of with the water.  Shake gently with each use.
*My spray bottle was probably a 4 ounce size, I used 15 drops of oil.  Can spray on counters, hands, shopping carts, etc.

Liquid Detergent
1/2 cup powdered borax
1/2 cup super washing soda
4 cups very hot water
1/2 cup liquid castile soap (unscented or baby formula)
20 drops essential oil (I used lemon)
3 tablespoons On Guard Concentrate
Mix all ingredients together.  Shake well before using. Store in a closed container.  Use about 2 tablespoons per load.

I love using my essential oils, so much so that I ran out of On Guard.  Since my order just went in and I won't get it till next week, I searched online for a recipe.  I found one on Marmee's Pantry.  Here is the link http://marmeespantry.blogspot.com/2012/09/thieves-oil-recipe-and-uses.html, I am also going to put the recipe below in case the link doesn't work.

Thieves Essential Oil
200 drops clove oil
175 drops lemon oil
100 drops cinnamon oil
75 drops eucalyptus oil
50 drops rosemary oil
makes 1 ounce. (which doesn't sound like much but I refilled my 5ml bottle to the top, then had enough to use in my hand sanitizer, foaming hand soap, and fill 2 small roller bottles.

I got my soap dispensers, roller bottles and spray bottle from My Oil Gear.com ~ very reasonable prices.  Here is their link http://www.myoilgear.com/.  They are an out of state company, but we have a rep that sells for them locally, so we were able to order online and go pick up our goodies yesterday (which saved the shipping cost!)!  If you go on their FB page, you can get an online code for 10% off your entire order! 

Now for show & tell!

My laundry soap ingredients (oops, the lemon oil isn't in the picture)
 
 
Put my laundry soap in this cute jar ~ but its already too hard to use ~ have to tip the jar to measure the soap ~ I need a smaller glass dispenser with a squitter nozzle!

My foaming hand soap

look it really foams!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.