Monday, June 23, 2014

When being a Mom is HARD!

Being a mom is hard work.  And it doesn't really matter how old your kids are, they are still your kids, and its still hard work.  You have to make tough decisions.  You have to make choices that affect everyone.  And its very tough being put in the position by unforeseen circumstances that force you to make the only "right" decision.  Making the "right" decision doesn't make it any easier to bear or cope with.

I had to ultimately make the final decision on whether or not to go on a much anticipated mission trip.  A trip with a bunch of friends that I only see once a year, and serve with Greg and Amy.  After much prayer and many tears, I made the Mom choice and stayed home. 

But making that choice was tough.  It was right, but it was tough.

James had oral surgery last week.  He had an abscess in his jaw where the upper and lower hinge together.  The surgery left him with 2 drainage tubes and an extremely sore mouth.  He got to come home yesterday minus the tubes.  Yay! 

So we are sitting here eating soft foods and watching the World Cup ~ well, its been on and I kinda watch while I cross stitch or something.

I get updates from our mission team ~ which is good and bad.  I want to know what is going on but then it reminds me what I am missing too.

But if I was there, I would be wondering about James & worrying.

There just really isn't a "happy place" in this situation.

Praying for my family as they serve the Lord and each other and very thankful the surgery is over and James is home.

And thankful for Amy Kate and Andy for coming up to keep me company, run errands, and take care of stuff at home ~ you guys were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.