Wednesday, June 25, 2014

More Busy

Finished the Baby quilt
Almost finished a wall hanging (have to tack the binding on the back)
Mended 3 skirts
Hemmed a pair of dress pants
Started cutting out Hexagons for a quilt ~ cut out 42 pieces so far
Pinned a bunch of stuff
worked on my needlepoint project
Texted with Greg & Amy
Talked to Will & Mom
Found out 2 of my kids got new jobs (doin' the happy mama dance)
Cared for all the animals
worked on ceramics projects
Watched James recuperate
The Vignette Hexagon Quilt ~ gotta take the time to figure this all out ~ I want to make a hexagon something....
I love this!  My flower centers are bright yellow & the petals will be calico prints.

Hexagon templates--just in case I ever have the urge to drive myself batty...which i have been known to do!
This is the template I am using for the hexagons.  I am cutting them 2.5 and the finished hexie will be 2 in.


I have no idea what I am going to make with the hexagon flowers ~ I do know that the 6 centers and 36 petals I have cut out won't make a big anything.  More cutting later!  And I want to put one together to see how I like it.  ALL of my pieces are coming from my scrap tote ~ so its a free project ~ so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.