Thursday, January 2, 2014

Get Back to Menu Planning

I have been very lax with menu planning.  When Greg and I were on the liquid diet part of our journey ~ menu planning seemed kind of senseless.  But now that we are eating ~ albeit low carb ~ its time to get organized....

Here goes ~ I am not putting it down by day since I rarely stick to the days plan

Dinners for the next week are

Pork Chops, sweet potatoes*, green beans

*Pizza made on low carb tortillas

Hot Dogs & Chili (no beans chili)

Baked Hamburgers w/alfredo sauce gravy, peas

Ham, mashed cauliflower, broccoli

Taco Salad

Oven chicken Strips, salad or cooked broccoli

Bacon Burger (made with venison~yum!), vegies

This gets us to Friday night next week! 


We usually measure the vegies, but have gotten really good at eyeballing the appropriate portions.  I usually fix enough for leftovers so Greg has lunch the next day. 

*We can share a sweet potato & I made our own "cinnamon sugar" using cinnamon & splenda ~ that with butter on a sweet potato is a great treat!

*To make the pizzas on tortillas ~ I put the tortillas on a baking sheet & put them in the oven heated to 350.  They probably stay for 8-10 minutes.  Then I removed them add all the toppings and bake till the cheese is nice and melty.  Toppings are whatever we have on hand ~ bell peppers, onions, pepperoni, ground beef, etc.

By making a plan ~ I can buy what we need for the week and hopefully not have to run to the store.  I will have to add breakfast & lunch stuff for the kids, drinks, snacks & our Atkins Bars/shakes ~ that we love. 

Happy Organizing in 2014!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna! I hope to blog more this year, but not making any promises. :) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family! It sounds like you are off to a good start for the new year with your menu planning.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.