Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Chevron Quilt

Several months ago I saw a Chevron Quilt on Pinterest (http://sizzixukblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-2-hour-quilt-top.html) and wanted to make my own ~ don't be fooled by the 2 hour title ~ it took me days longer than 2 hours.  I am slow with quilting but that gal must have had others doing her ironing & trimming & laying out the top ~ it took me quite a while.  However, I am loving the quilt ~ finished it yesterday!  Some of the edges aren't perfect ~ in fact a couple are really off!  But here are some pictures ~


Made using 1/2 square triangles



It was fun going through all my previously cut rag quilt squares and repurposing them for this quilt.  And finding more fabric to match!  I used 6 inch squares, then trimmed down to a finished 5 inch square. This quilt kept growing ~ its larger than a crib size but smaller than a twin.  Its 10 squares across and 15 squares in length. 
 
My next one is going to be pink & white ~ every other line will be white!  I want to make it a crib size, so I don't know if I will use fewer squares across & in length or use smaller squares.  Again, using mostly previously cut squares!  Shopping in my stash is great (most of the time!).
 
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.