Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fall!

Its fall and fair time here in Mississippi.

My friend Angel, took mine and Amy's fair projects for drop off while we were out of town for the wedding.  This past week, we went to see all the projects and all the ribbons.  Its always fun to see everyones projects & get ideas!  This year we were really impressed with the gourds that were so creatively painted!  There were some tiny ones grouped in a basked painted like candy corn! 

I counted 20 blue ribbons for Amy ~ a some projects we never located.  Her pink/green log cabin was displayed in the youth section proudly sporting its blue ribbon!  She worked long and hard on that quilt and hand quilted around each section.

I think I entered 45 or 46 items ~ got 36 blue ribbons, several red, 1 white and didn't find some items.  I had some extra items for different categories that I couldn't use this year, so I already have 4 or 5 for next year!

Today, we did a craft fair at a local church.  We sold crocheted dishcloths, smocked dresses, quilted kindle cases, sugar hand scrub, wooden cigar boxes made into trinket boxes, aprons, and beaded baby bracelets.  We did really well and are going to be more prepared and orgazined for the next craft fair, next month at our church.

While Amy and I were at the craft fair, Will & Greg made 2 trips to a local thrift store hauling donations down there.  And they put several items in the attic to get them out of the garage.  And cut the grass!  So they were busy too!

Tonight we ran some errands and ate dinner at Red Lobster ~ using my birthday gift card from James! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.