Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Closet Purging!

Normally, seasons changing brings about swapping out some clothes in the closet.  It was time to put away some very summery items and get out the cooler/colder weather clothes. 

I am thrilled that as I tried stuff on ~ it didn't fit ~ because it was way too big!  I've got a sizeable pile of clothing to donate to a local charity & bless someone else!  I've got a pile to be altered...mostly some tops to be shortened since I am about 5'2".  I've got a couple of baggy sweatshirts to store in the rv for emergency coldweather clothing.  And I've got some blouses that are being saved to make a quilt with.

I told Greg after we lost weight, I wanted to cut up some of our favorite shirts and make a quilt ~ kind of a reminder of how far we have come and what we've been able to accomplish....through lots of prayer & the Lords guidance and strength. 

So far ~ I've lost 39 pounds and he has lost 59 pounds!  To say we are thrilled would be an understatement!  My fair commission check this year is going to some new clothes!  I need some nice sweaters/tops for church & some warm everyday sweatshirts.  Plus I would love a pair of boots.  Greg has to purge his part of the closet next ~ we don't know what he needs yet.

I am ready for the Thanksgiving sales & for our new local Outlet Mall to open ~ just 15 minutes from the house! 

Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.