Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Happenings....

I haven't been able to post the rest of my pictures ~ the computer has been wonky and "hid" all our files.  Greg has got it figured out and I am very thankful the files were only hidden and not gone.  We back up our pictures to a separate device but haven't backed up the recital or grad. pictures yet.  I would have been really upset to lose either of those!

After VBS, dance recital & graduation within 8 days, I was exhausted.  And when you throw in my awesome out of town company ~ Mom & my niece, and our newlyweds, Andy & Amy Kate.....then you've got a houseful of company AND all of the activites.  Maybe exhausted is too benign a word!

Everyone helped with everything ~ A&A ran errands and helped with our craft projects for graduation.  Plus Amy Kate did Amy Lynn's makeup for the recital for us!  No one else had a professional make up artist!  Greg ran lots of errands and took us out for a wonderful stir fry meal on Sat. night and bought us pizza for our lunch at church while setting up for graduation.

We were so proud of our kids when they stood up in front of everyone to sing during their grad.  And they did an awesome job.  In fact, the worship leader asked them to sing again on Sunday morning during the worship service on Fathers Day!  And we were thrilled with the attendance at graduation ~ lots of our church friends came and supported our graduates!

Amy Lynn went home with Gran and Bethany for some girl time.  And some spoiling....they ate ice cream for lunch yesterday! 

Greg had a presentation to make and some seminars to attend...so I ran away from home and went with him.  Its just us~ and I love it.  Don't get me wrong...I love my kids, but being with just Greg for a couple of days is wonderful!  Plus, no cooking or cleaning, and we've had some naps ~ great to rest after last week!  Last night we had a yummy barbeque dinner and cruised around awhile in Gregs new-to-him car.  I brought my cross stich & crochet, and a book (I've already finished the book).

Monday night we got the news that we were going to be grandparents again!  Our little munchkin Robert is being promoted to big brother in January!  (He will be a year old the end of this month).  So we are excited! 

Time to sip some more coke zero and relax!

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think a word has been invented that describes past the exhaustion stage. LOL!! However, it sounds like you had lots of great help! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.