Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happenings

This week ~

we got lots of rain...lots and lots

last night the temps were in the 30's ~ today its in the 70's

got my embroidery machine back (fixed finally) ~ so I've had fun working on projects that I had stacked up waiting for embroidery

Cut out a 2 tote bags from old jeans ~ needed 4 pairs of different colors of denim ~ found 4 different blues and have cut out the strips ~ this is a pinterest project

Will got to visit the dr. 4 times this week ~ for an ingrown toenail.  Next visit is Monday ~ they may be to do additional surgery on it to clear everything up.

Greg got a "new to him" car since his other one was totaled from the hail storm 6-8 weeks ago.

Went to JoAnns today to buy more embroidery thread ~ I had lots of 50% off coupons that expired today.  When I got there, the thread was buy 2 get 1 free...so I couldn't use any coupons.  Got the ones I needed and got to the register ~ they didn't ring up at the sale price so the guy took all my coupons...much better deal for me.  I also found a cute fabric for the lining on my denim bags I am making.

Amy has the house smelling awesome ~ today she baked Double Chocolate Cookies and Peanut Butter Cookies to take on our trip next week!

Garden

Greg got the chicken wire up for my beans to climb on...the boxes are filling up. 

The squash have blooms on them.

The cucumber plants are covered in blooms.

I have 1 tomato!  I am praying for an overabundance of tomatoes to can for next winter!  And to eat all summer ~ yum~

 Tomorrow is Graduate Sunday at church.  So Amy & Will will both be recognized with the other graduates.  They will also be singing in the service tomorrow with the Youth Choir.  So I am anticipating an emotional morning! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.