Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Happy Birthday!

29 years ago today....I gave birth for the first time!

To a 7 pound, 4 ounce blonde headed baby boy with Blue Eyes.

His first name was in honor of his father and 2 grandfathers ~ all of whom shared the first name James.
But unlike all of them ~ I wasn't going to shorten his name or call him by his middle name like his Dad and grandfathers.

He had some nicknames as a tiny baby and one of them has stuck around for the last 29 years ~
I made the comment to my daddy one morning that when James was laying in the crib he would scruff around on the sheets ~ scratching & wiggling.
Daddy started calling him Scruffy & the name has stuck!  I still call him that sometimes.

Happy Birthday Scruffy!

James 4:7-8
"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.  Draw near to Gad and He will draw near to you"
James 1:17-18
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father or lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of first fruits of His Creatures"

And a very Happy Birthday to our Jennifer ~ Allens Fiance'.
You are a blessing in Allens life and have blessed me with your love for him.
I am praying the Lord gives you a wonderful day!
We love you!
(side note: I had 2 names picked out for Allen when I was pregnant with him...Allen~named after my Uncle Allen & his girl name was Jennifer.....now, all these years later, I am getting my Jennifer!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.