Most of us overindulged at Thanksgiving & with more holiday parties around the corner ~ I thought some Diet "help" would be appropriate.
I was cleaning up my recipe binder and I found this "Dieting Under Stress" tip sheet.
I wish I could take credit for this but alas, I can't and don't know who the credit goes too.
I will STRESS that no substitutions are allowed on this diet.
This diet is designed to help you cope with the stress that builds up during the day!
1 slice whole wheat toast, dry
6 oz. skim milk
4 oz. lean broiled chicken breast
1 cup steamed spinac
1 cup herb tea
1 oreo cookie
Rest of the Oreos in the package
2 pints rocky road ice cream
1 jar hot fudge sauce
nuts, cherries, whipped cream
2 loaves garlic bread with cheese
large sausage, mushroom & cheese pizza
4 cans or 1 lg. pitcher beer
3 milky way or snickers candy bars
entire frozen cheesecake eaten directly from freezer
Rules for this diet
1. It you eat something and no one sees you eat it, it has no calories!
2. If you drink a diet soda with a candy bar, the calories in the candy bar are cancelled out by the diet soda!
3. When you eat with someone else, calories don't count if you eat less than they do.
4. Food used for medicinal purposes NEVER count such as hot chocolate, brandy, toast, and sara lee cheesecake.
5. If you fatten up everyone else around you, then you look thinner.
6. Movie related foods do not have additional calories because they are part of the entire entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel, such as milk duds, buttered popcorn, junior mints, red hots, and tootsie rolls.
7. Cookie pieces contain no calories. The process of breaking causes calorie leakage.
8. Things licked off of knives and spoons have no calories in the process of preparing something.
And something very important ~
foods that have the same color have the same number of calories ~
spinach & pistachio ice cream
mushrooms & white chocolate
Chocolate is a universal color, and may be substituted for any other color~
Now, I have just a couple of problems with this diet....I can't eat grapefruit~too much acid & I don't like it, I would rather eat raw spinach than steamed, I don't like mushrooms, and don't want nuts with my ice cream. But other than than, I am good to go!
The saving grace may be that chocolate is a universal color and may be substituted for anything food of any other color! I would much rather eat chocolate cheesecake than just plain!
You may want to bookmark this page, so that when you start your January diet ~ you can easily reference this during the day!