Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Stuff

Changes in the temperatures usually bring some sinusy, headachey symptoms.  I woke up about 5:15 with a headache...and it hasn't gotten better ~ argh!  Its hard to accomplish tasks with a nagging headache.  I am thankful that the sinuses aren't kicking in yet.

School today was much better than yesterday.  Some days just aren't good and there are too many issues to deal with ~ yesterday was one of those days.  So, I am thankful for today! 

Our ceiling fan in the living room is looking decidedly fuzzy ~ way too much dust on those fan blades.  Amy & Will have been tasked with cleaning it this afternoon ~ so there will be dust everywhere!  Which means, the sinuses may act up.

We ordered 40 pounds of chicken from Zaycon (per my sisters raving about how great the company is).  It will be boneless, skinless and at $1.69 a pound, cheaper than I can get it at Kroger. It comes tomorrow morning, so I will be busy canning part of it and freezing the rest.  We will have to get more quart size canning jars.  With the pressure canning, it will be convenient to take the jars on rv trips or use them for quick meals during the week. 

We've been trying to stick to our menu plans and work on our budgeting for groceries.  With the prices constantly rising, this is getting a bit tricky some months.  I think we are doing pretty well, but there is always room for improvement.  Amy is getting lots of training in cooking and she is doing some menu planning too! 

Amy has her 2nd paying cupcake job this week!  She loves to bake and loves the challenge.  This week is for a Lego party, so she is making molded chocolate Lego bricks for the cupcake decorations.  They are turning out cute.  Tomorrow, while I am canning...she will be baking! 

I've been "stalking" ebay for a couple of weeks and have found some great stuff.  I've won bids on 2 crewel embroidery kits, a "lot" of cross stitch books, and some hand embroidery transfers.  Everything has been delivered.  Now, I just have to remember how to do crewel embroidery & show Amy how ~ these will be entries for the fair next year.  And, I've told Greg I won't get back on ebay till next month! 

Spaghetti sauce is in the crockpot for dinner tonight, and we are having baked potatoes for lunch today!  We've been enjoying our hot chocolate drinks in the mornings with this cool weather! 

Hope everyone is having an awesome Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.