Thursday, March 1, 2012

Goal Accomplished

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth   


Revelation 22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.  AMEN!

I've completed MY goal for reading the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.  I'm relieved, excited, and honestly just a little let down because I am done.  So now I have to decide if I start completely over and do it again or for right now if I just reread different books to "digest" more of Gods word.

I've been wondering how people read it in a year or less and I did come up with something.  When you follow the reading plan, you read certain passages everyday or you decide to read 4 chapters a day or something similar.  I was reading in my study bible & reading the commentary/explanations/definitions at the same time.  It was more consistent in the actual reading when I switched to the Kindle and didn't read all the commentary also.  The commentary helped greatly in the Old Testament when I ran across things that I didn't know ~ do you know how long a cubit is?  I do, now but I didn't when I started.

I've had an awesome experience reading the whole Bible.  Gods word is so rich with everything we need to conduct our daily lives. Thank you Lord for your word.

2 comments:

  1. I keep telling myself I need to do this also. What I need to do is just come up with a plan. And just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on the same thing only I am in 1 Chronicles...ugh it is so hard. I know that each time I read a book in the Bible I get something "new" from it. I will never stop reading it until I am either blind or in Heaven! Congrats on your accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.