Saturday, January 14, 2012

Easy Enchilada's

I found this recipe on the "Taste of Home" magazine website and we tried it out last night.....not only yummy but also minimal ingredients.

2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 package cream cheese, softened (8 ounces)
8 flour tortillas (8")
1 cup salsa
1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream (I used sour cream)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 small can sliced, black olives ~ liquid drained (did not use)

Directions ~

*In a small bowl, combine chicken and cream cheese.  Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly.  Place seam side down in a greased 13 x 9" baking dish.
*In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; spread over tortillas.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Sprinkle with cheese and olives. bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
*Serve with lettuce and tomatoes if desired.

This was GOOD!  And fairly easy!  We have come up with a couple of changes to try next time ~ Greg and Amy want less cream cheese and add in some queso cheese in the filling.  I did add an extra 1/2 cup of chicken to adequately fill the 8 tortillas.

We all liked it ~ 1 1/2 was more than enough for me ~ they are filling.

Oh yeah>>>>>>over a year ago, I sent several recipes into Gooseberry Patch cookbooks for consideration for one of their new cookbooks.  This week I got a letter stating that my Chili recipe was chosen to be included in their new "The Harvest Table" cookbook coming out this summer.  I'm so excited!  I'll get a free copy of the cookbook!

3 comments:

  1. I make enchiladas using the old el paso enchilada sauce and I don't like the junk they put in it. This recipe will help me get away from that. Thanks for sharing!!

    Congratulations on the recipe. That is so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trixi, There is an organic brand of salsa that we like called "Frog Ranch" that is really good ~ they sell it at Kroger in the regular mexican food section! We buy the mild and then the guys can pump it up with hot sauce if they need to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks tasty! Thank you for sharing! Congratulations on your chili recipe!

    Katie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.