Monday, August 29, 2011

More Wedding Shower Fun

This past Saturday, 5 ladies at our church gave Katie a Bridal Shower.  My mom & sister & niece came from Atlanta, and Amy Kate (Andy's girlfriend) came from college.  It was great to have some family there for the occasion.  It was a beautiful afternoon for our "blushing bride".  Everyone was generous with their time, talents, & gifts.  Here are some pictures of our awesome afternoon.....



some of the girls

Miss Patty asking everyone to write down "advice" or "words of wisdom" for Katie

Our dear friend Rosana reading our devotion from the Bible ~ the tears are flowing, both from her and I.

flowers from Bryant


beautiful etched plaque from the Hall's

Pizza stone!

Canisters from Dad and I ~ they match ours!

Griddle from Aunt Brenda & Uncle Doug

Expert gift helpers...Vida Jo & Bethany

picture frames set from Emmalyn, Morgan & Leigh Catherine

Sweet Christian young ladies ~ Katie, Emmalyn, Morgan, Amy & Leigh Catherine

Katie and her "shower" ladies ~ Angela, Rosana, Shannon, Patty & Melanie




Katie was "showered" with some wonderful, practical, beautiful gifts.  Canisters, Rubbermaid containers, Pyrex dishes, monogramed towels, gift cards, plaques, money, bath & hand towels, a broom & dustpan, books, crockpot, Chick fil A calendars, crocheted dish cloths, griddle, 2 drawer stacking system for storage, laundry basket & hangers, and lots of love! (There were more gifts but I just can't remember right now).

My mom gave Katie a practical "just for her" gift of fabric, zipper, & thread for a new dress.  Along with that gift came a pair of Gingher dress maker shears (fabric only).  There were one or two other gifts for her personally with specific spending instructions ~ looks like a shopping trip is coming up.

It was a great day, spent with many women/girls who love my Katie Lynn and wanted to make her day special.  It was a blessing to me to see this love and all these folks coming to encourage my daughter.

Thanks everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Ah Donna, it really is fun for me to read these posts about Katie. I truly love brides! This is such a special time. I'm glad she has had another shower. I'm sure the gifts are such a help to her. It can be so hard to set up a whole household, especially in our economy. Besides, it is just plain fun to have a party!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.