Thursday, March 24, 2011

Smocking

My fingers have been busy again...
people read, work crossword puzzles, watch tv, stare at the wall...
I craft.  (ok, I read alot too!)
Right now, I am on a smocking jag.
I learned how to smock when Amy was 3.  
I love the old fashioned look of smocked dresses.
These are for my little twin friends who will be a year old next month.




I fell in love with this polka dot fabric at Hobby Lobby and knew it was for my little buddies!  The pink and white is for Coralea.  The brown with ice cream colored dots is for Lilyann.  

Amy has informed me that I need to get more polka dots fabric and smock a dress for her future daughter!  She will let me add it to the collection of little dresses in my "future grandma" box.

Just out of curiosity and because I have never "timed" myself, I kept track of the pink/white dress.  I started the smocking on Sunday ~ the dress was completely finished, including buttons & hem by Thursday night.

I am working on another one for my great niece to be, who will make her entrance in April.  
Then I've got 4 more I want to do for little friends.

I don't know what is going in the fair yet but I've got to start thinking about this also.  I would like to do another newborn dress for an entry ~ I haven't entered one of those yet.

Happy Crafting!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.