Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Daybook

 
  For today...

Outside my window...cold, sunny, dry
I am thinking...about how much fun we had for Christmas

I am thankful for...fun family times, wish all 7 kids had been here
From the learning rooms...its vacation time for 2 more weeks...lots of new crafts to work on

From the kitchen...nothing...headed to Mama's
I am wearing...denim skirt, blue knit shirt, slip on tennies

I am creating...a crocheted scarf & dishcloths, will start working on my 23rd Psalm cross stitch kit from Greg
I am going...to Moms

I am reading..."Passionate Housewives Desperate for God" and the Bible
I am praying...for a family whose daughter was killed in a car wreck Sunday night

I am hearing...dogs breathing, kids talking, fingers typing, cars driving
Around the house...its back to normal, all the undecking of the halls is done and stored away till nest year

One (lots) of my favorite things...seeing the excited, incredulous, grateful looks of my older boys with their gifts (Its hard to impress young men in their 20's, but we did it this year).  Watching K, W, & A open their gifts and be excited over everything!  Surprising Greg with gifts.  And lets keep it real, I love gifts too!  

A few things for the rest of the week...(hold onto your hats...here goes) driving to Mom's, shopping for thread for my new serger, Christmas with Allen on Wed. and my sister on Thursday, driving to Charleston on Friday, board a cruise ship with my beloved and set sail on Sat.  I am so looking forward to a week with Greg ~ no dogs, no beloved children, no cooking, no cleaning, no laundry ~ lots of good food, picture taking, and relaxation!

A few goals for next year...
1.  Make more gifts for presents
2.  Simplify a little bit more
3.  Contentment
4.  keep walking closer with the Lord
5.  Count my blessings

God Bless each of you in the coming year!


3 comments:

  1. I agree that impressing young men with gifts is hard - glad you were able to accomplish it.

    A cruise sounds wonderful, hope yours is everything you have dreamed about.

    God bless and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a busy week. Enjoy your cruise!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.