Thursday, August 26, 2010

In Memory

Do you remember the children's prayer...

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
if I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Have you really thought about the words?

Last night a friend of mine in GA layed down to sleep and woke up this morning in the arms of Jesus! Karen was 51 years old. She has a husband and 2 daughters. They are now without a wife and mom. She also has a mom & dad, 2 sisters and a brother & their families.

They are all in shock. I so remember those feelings.

Soon the questions will come...
Why now?
Why did this happen?
Why her and not me?

But they will not question where she is.

Karen is safe and well and protected and loved in heaven.

The Lord can take us at any time, in any way and without warning.

If tonight is your turn...where will you wake up?

I pray that all my friends will wake up in heaven when their time comes.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Contrary to popular belief, all religions don't lead to the one true God.

Please examine your beliefs against the Lords word. We should believe God and not man.

I am by no means an expert or authority on the Lord, the Bible or Christianity.
I am a 50 year old Mississippi Mama who gave her life to Christ at the age of 12. It was the best decision I have ever made and I have never regretted it!

God Bless You All!

I am praying for Karen's family!

7 comments:

  1. Without the Lord's comfort, I think we'd lose our minds. Even when we can't understand "why," we can trust Him through all things. I'm glad you know that. The grief is real, but He sustains us through it. God bless you at this time of loss. ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even as a teenager Karen was one of the sweetest people I have ever known, and remained that way. I am also praying for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Donna. I will keep that family in my prayers and you and yours, also, for the memories it brings back.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will lift up Karen's family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear this. I will be keeping you and her family in my prayers. I've lost many people in my life way too soon. I believe we have to treasure each and every day. God has a plan for us, and when he needs us, it will be our time. Many Blessings to you and yours...
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Donna, for these kind words about our Karen. We miss her so much...

    Love, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda, I have been praying for your family. None of us can imagine the pain and shock you are all experiencing. Karen always had a smile and welcome in her voice each time I saw her. I know you will all miss her.

    Love, Donna

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.