Tuesday, May 4, 2010

We're here again!

Can I hear another verse of "Amarillo by Morning?" Because we are here again! This trip through town was to go to "Cadillac Ranch" and spray paint our grafitti with everyone else's. And we were successful. We all spray painted on the cars. There are 10 Cadillacs in all. We took lots of pictures but it is slow to load them. Maybe because we are at a campgound with lots of people using their wireless internet.

Then we headed to the "Big Texan Restaurant" for a steak dinner. It was worth the wait. Yummy! This is the place that has been featured on Food Network that serves the 72 ounce steak dinner. IF you can eat the complete dinner in an hour (steak, baked potato, salad, shrimp cocktail and roll) then you get it for free. If not, you pay $72. Now, before the questions start flying, none of us attempted this. In fact, we sat through our whole meal before anyone ordered this dinner. Once we found out it had been ordered not once but twice, we had to loiter and see the steak. The kitchen was open with the grill in the front so I got to see the steaks cooking. The Grill Chef held it up for me to take a picture. These things were huge. The 2 guys that ordered these were friends in their early 20's and about the size of Allen. I could see him attempt this, but I don't know if even he would succeed. They set the table on a platform, spotlight it and have a digital timer counting down the time. We didn't stay so I don't know if they completed their task.

Tonight we are in a KOA in Amarillo. We are headed south in Texas tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Y'all are so awesome. I wish I could be along for the ride...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are two of the same places Tori Spelling, Dean McDermot, and their family went on their trip accross the south. They couldn't eat the steak either. And they spray painted the cars as well. That's really neet! I would love to see the Caddies in person for myself. That just amazes me. Can't wait to see pictures. Hope y'all are having a great time! Be careful.

    Karen Watts

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.