Thursday, April 22, 2010

Travels West

Round up the wagons, we are headed west...well that sounded more exciting than get in the RV. Greg, Katie, Amy, Will and I are going to the Grand Canyon and many other places. We are going to roam around for 2 weeks, give or take a couple of days. We've got specific plans for some places...Amy and I are planning to fully enjoy the tour at the Chocolate Factory in Las Vegas. Forget gambling, give us chocolate! We will bore y'all with pictures of cactus's or cacti, the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas (would be cool to be there at night and see all the lights), Hoover Dam and I don't know what else. But, they will be my pictures and memories and thrilling to us!

The kiddo's are going to be doing lots of scrapbooking/notebooking about our trip. This is a learning/exploring/fun time. We will get to add lots of states to our US map on the side of the RV. We are packing the laptop, lots of reading books, crafts, fishing supplies, and food. I baked 4 loaves of bread this morning and 16 rolls about the size of hamburger buns. Never done the rolls before, so I hope they are good with burgers or cold cuts and cheese.

Please pray for travel safeties. There are storms coming through here tomorrow afternoon and Sat. morning. We are leaving after co-op to try to get past the bad stuff.

Happy Trails to us, until we meet again (or have a blog update!)!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you all have a wonderful time! I've always wanted to go west, but haven't gotten to yet. So I will vicariously through your pictures when you post them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have so much fun! I can't wait to see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo jealous ... I have been 'west' lots of times, but always to the northwest, Yellowstone and beyond. Someday we are going to take a trip like this one, though.

    Have fun and be safeQ

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.