Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Weekly Chores for Life

While working on a Homemaking Binder for Amy for a shower gift ~ I came across this great chore list~  what great reminders as we go about our daily tasks, week after week. 

Monday ~ Wash Day
Lord help me was wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so that I may serve you for the week ahead.

Tuesday ~ ironing Day
Dear Lord, help me to wash out the wrinkles of prejudice that I have collected through the years so that I might see beauty in others.

Wednesday ~ Mending Day
O God, help me mend my ways so I will not set a bad example for others.

Thursday ~ Cleaning Day
Lord Jesus, help me to dust out the many faults I  have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.

Friday ~ Shopping Day
O, God, give me the grace to shop wisely so that I may bless my family with contentment and happiness and all others in need of love.

Saturday ~ Cooking Day
Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.

As I was typing this, I noticed there wasn't a Sunday.  Since Sunday is historically and typically a day of rest from the work of the week, its "chore" should be to take your family and yourself to church to worship the Lord. 

Thankful for ~
reminders of the cleaning we have to do in our lives
the sanctuary of our homes from everyday trials in the world
the fact we are all a "work in progress", no one "has arrived"
that kindness, selflessness, contentment, love and happiness are worthy goals






No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.