Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from Georgia!

I wish everyone ~ fun memories, family times, laughter, good food, and quiet, joyful reflection on the reason for the season.

We will be spending the day at my moms house with Will, Amy, James, Allen, Jennifer, Aiden, my mom, my sister and her family.  We've got enough desserts coming to give us all tummy aches.

We are trying a new gift swap game tomorrow ~ so I will have to report afterwards.  We've had fun getting ready for it. 

In our striving for a simpler holiday we are still experimenting on what to do for our family.  With Greg and the kids working, their schedules have been determined by work hours.  I've been able to sit down for hours and cross stitch this week and watch some recorded TV specials.  Since we are going to Moms in the morning, we did our gift exchange tonight for Greg and I and the kids.  Lots of fun and surprises!

I am thankful for ~

presents ~ I love to give and receive!
anticipation
long weekends
living closer to family
yummy holiday food
sales and coupons for sales
But most of all ~
Our Lord coming to earth

Luke 2:8-14
Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood over them, and the glory of the Lord shown around them, and they were greatly afraid. Then the angel said to them, Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  For there is born to you this day, in the city of David, a Savior who is Christ the Lord. And this will be the sign to you: You will find the babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.  And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!

Now its just 3 more days till my Mississippi buddies get here!  Can't wait for my Tapley hugs!

1 comment:

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.