Thursday, March 13, 2014

Civil War

The Civil War or as it is known in the South as the "War of Northern Aggression" has been over for many, many years ~ but left an indelible mark on the Southern States ~ specifically beneath their soil.  And my Daddy had a knack for finding some of these goodies with his trusty metal detector & a shovel.  To call him a Civil War "buff" would have been a great understatement.

My nephews also have a knack for sniffing out some of Daddy's treasures in Moms basement.  Treasures which haven't seen the light of day for many years (Daddy died in 1994).  Their latest find was a couple of small cannonballs.  They took one of them home....I have the other one ~

Greg made me a "cannonball cozy" to hold this treasure on our mantle! 

I guess all that's missing is the cannon!


2 comments:

  1. What a cool find. If their basement is like my parents you may still find the cannon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Could be right! I will start snooping around next time I am there ~ it might be kinda hard to smuggle out though! d

      Delete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.