Friday, October 11, 2013

State Fair 2013!

2 weeks ago Angel dropped my fair stuff off for judging ~ 8 days ago we saw all the ribbons for everyone ~ the fair ends on Sunday ~ we pick up our stuff on Monday & the fair is over for another year!

Here are some pictures from our morning at the fair!

Amys Log Cabin quilt sporting its blue ribbon!

My Red & White  quilt

zoo animals quilt that will go in Amy's hopechest

A is for Amy ~

Amy's paper snipping ~ Eric & Ariel

My Harvest Blessings cross stitch

Cross stitch bibs for Thomas

its not the fair without Amys Deep Fried Milky Way Bar ~ her once a year treat!

ooey, gooey delicousness!
I stuck to my declaration of last year and only made stuff I really liked!  I had lots of quilted items, embroidery, cross stitch, smocking etc.  I had a few wooden items I wanted to do but ran out of time!  It would be really nice if the judges gave you a critique of what they liked or more importantly didn't like about a project ~ why a red instead of a blue ribbon or white instead of red, etc.  This fall and winter will be spent making crafts and being cozy.

This post is being shared on
http://deborahjeansdandelionhouse.blogspot.com/2013/10/farmgirl-friday-blog-hop-129-apples.html

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE Amy's log cabin quilt! Awesome job! You all are so very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brytni! Hope you are doing well and having a good autumn!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.