Friday, September 6, 2013

Our Success ~ So Far

Its been a while since I reported on our weight loss journey ~ everything is going great!  Greg is at 43 pounds and I just hit 30 this morning!  Yippee ~~~~ confetti, streamers, balloons, & coke zero!!!!!!!

News Flash Update ~ there is a dress I wanted to wear for Allens wedding...its been hanging in my closet for several years and I just didn't want to get rid of it even though it didn't fit ~ but now it does!  I am doing a happy dance!

Its been interesting to use Pinterest to find no/low carb ideas for dinners.  I will go ahead and confess ~ we do eat at least one meal a day.  We just weren't happy with no food, but there are tons of ideas out there and some have been downright tasty!

We all love pasta at this house and that's a huge no-no.  I found an alternative recipe to use and we tried it Monday night.  This recipe called for using broccoli slaw instead of noodles.  Their instructions were to spray a skillet with non stick cooking spray, add the slaw, and 1/4 cup water and sauté until the water was evaporated ~ then top with your spaghetti sauce and serve.  I used 1/2 cup water because a 1/4 just didn't look like much.  Greg liked it ~ it was ok to me.  But part of the ok was from the broccoli still having a crunch to it.  Next time, I am going to boil it.  Honestly, the broccoli didn't seem to change the taste of the sauce too much.  So that was a success!

We've got some other ideas for things to try that I will report on later!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Its just 22 days till our next family wedding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.