Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Wheels on the Bus go Round & Round !

Well, I didn't disappear from the face of the earth ~ just took a little trip. 

Friday, last week, Amy, Greg and I headed to New York State with a Mission Team to serve for the week in Albion, NY...somewhat near Buffalo.  We spent Friday & Sat. riding on the bus & yesterday and today riding on the bus.  It was a nice comfy bus....but 2 days in a row in a bit much.  2 days in a row for 2 weekends in a row was pushing the limit.

Amy served on a team that did Kids Clubs (backyard bible clubs) and every evening at a Bash (block party).  She got to go out and help & she helped us in the kitchen.  Her very favorite part was washing dishes ~ yep, you read that right!  The church kitchen we used for lunches and dinners was a commercial grade kitchen.  Her favorite by far, was the 90 second per load dishwasher.  Can't say that I blame her....it was fun to use. 

Greg and I, along with 2 other gals, were the cooks for our 34 member Mission Team.  As always, my husband was super chef and did an awesome job with his cooking and putting up with me and the others calling him Gregory all week!

We just got home today.  I have lots of pictures and menus to share.  But the pics are still on the camera and we are bushed. 

More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.