Friday, February 22, 2013

It Hit Me This Week!

As we were wandering around DC on Tuesday and went into several gift shops ~ I was looking at all the fun puzzles and books and activities.  Then it Hit Me ~ I didn't NEED anything....I am at the end of homeschooling.  Can I just admit that this was somewhat depressing?  I was definitely bummed about that revelation.  It did "skew" the enjoyment of looking at stuff and I didn't spend a penny. 

When my little Robert is older, I will get to buy him some goodies for school and future grandchildren !

On a side note...I pulled out my "Future Christian Homemakers" book that Amy Lynn and I are going to use during her "apprenticeship" with me next year and discovered that she already knows most of the first 4 lessons!  "How to Crack an Egg", "Making Quick Breads ~ Muffins", "Baking Bread" and "Ground Beef".  

I am sure when we go to the "Family Economics Conference" in ST. Louis in May ~ these feelings will resurface full force!  The Conference is in conjunction with a homeschool curriculum hall conference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.