Someone sent me this years ago...the original author is unknown ~ but I wanted to share since they were good tips.
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say "NO" to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more.
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety.
12. Live within your budget. Don't use a credit card for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, and extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut) This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the kid in you everyday.
16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until its time to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite Scripture on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank you Jesus."
28. Laugh some more.
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude.
31. Be kind to unkind people ~ they probably need it the most.
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before.
I need to work on remembering & doing most of these daily. I am getting lots of practice with #4 ~ much to the dismay of many people. I've learned I can't do it all....nor should I. #13 is in place after I locked myself out of my car twice ~ I've done it once since I put a key in my wallet, what a relief to know I can get into the car. And why does it always happen at Walmart? #19 is great ~ now to put it to use all the time! #30 & #31 are more difficult some days more than others.
Hope this helps someone! Happy Friday!