Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fruitful Life

Galatians 5:22-2
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  Against such things there is no law.  Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature it its passions and desires.  Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.  Let us not become conceited, provoking, and envying each other.

Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

1 Peter 1:6
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need, be you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, maybe be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen, you love.

Sometimes circumstances, people, and situations strive to "steal" my Joy.  The enemy knows who to work through and how to work through them to attack Christs believers ~ I am not immune to this thievery.   My joy has been diminished by events & the people involved.  Something I greatly anticipated was "hidden" from me by deception.   I am striving to let go of the hurt & dissapointment. 
  This is not easy. 

I am however choosing not to let this steal my Joy.  
As Christians, its up to us to life righteous, fruitful, and faithful lives.  I am only responsible for ME, I am not responsible for my husband or for my children.  I can encourage them, I can point them down righteous paths, I can give them materials that can equip them, and most importantly I can pray for them ~ hourly, daily, weekly.

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do in work or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

And several verses many chose to ignore, not obey, & laugh at...

Colossians 3:18-20
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them.  Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.

We need to know what the Lords word says so we can live a life pleasing to Him, to live peaceable with one another, and to encourage & not discourage one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.