Monday, February 20, 2012

A Prayer for my Grandchild (& every one to come!)

Our Sunday School lesson this week came from Colossians 2.  I read that chapter and then read the whole book ~ there is lots of spiritual wisdom packed into 4 chapters.  As I was reading chapter 1, I ran across several verses that really spoke to my heart.  So much so, that I reread it many times and am now "adopting" these verses to pray for my little grandson coming in July and all his brothers/sisters and cousins to be born in the future.

Colossians 1: 9-11

For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might according to His glorious power for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.

We are praying the Lord will give us grandchildren filled with the Lords wisdom and spiritual understanding ~ that they will walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, and doing His good work.  That they will be strengthened according to His power and will give thanks to the Lord for all.

We already love our little "Oliver" and are praying for the Lords blessings in his life.

2 comments:

  1. I know this is a post for your grand baby. But I want to thank you. I so needed to hear this today. It lighten my heavy heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me know Michelle! I pray the Lord will be your strength and His wisdom will help you in whatever you are dealing with!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.