Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Block of the Month

http://www.elefantz.com/2012/01/new-free-bom-quilt-pattern-for-2012-and.html

I linked onto the above page from Sharon's blog (on my sidebar ~ A Few of My favorite things)  This months free block is beautiful with a lovely scripture promise from the Lord.  The block is hand embroidered, which is a technique I am currently enjoying.   Jan ~ October, on the 3rd of every month, there will be a new quilt block released.  Then in Oct., you can finish the whole quilt top.  I've never participated in something like this before, but it looks interesting and fun.  If you enjoy new crafts...check it out.

I'll try to post a picture of each block when I get them done.  Surely I can get one done each month~

3 comments:

  1. You will enjoy this! I need to purchase some more light background fabric before starting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! I am going to download the directions and pattern and see if I've got everything before I start. I bought some stuff for another quilt that I haven't started yet, so I could have everything and just switch the project!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.