Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Daybook

 

For today.....

Outside my window.....cloudy, cool, its been raining for a week

I am thinking...how the spirit of thankfulness has seemingly disappeared and the 2 words "thank you" are being said less & less

I am thankful for...the Lords amazing love for me and my salvation through his sacrifice ~ my thoughtful, generous, loving husband ~ my 7 children ~ my home, food, appliances, & central heat/air ~ books ~ Greg's days off from work ~ sewing/crochet/smocking/cross stitch ~ being a giver

From the kitchen...probably something easy ~ like a Zatarains meal with chicken, some vegies

From the learning rooms...nothing formal, its still break time

I am wearing...black skirt, striped top

I am creating...doing some machine embroidery for gifts, finished a cross stitch last night, starting a smocking project and working on a baby afghan I am crocheting

I am going...to stay home all day, probably pack away our simple holiday decorations, finish laundry, sew

I am reading..."Astra" by Grace Livingston Hill, the book of "Romans" in the New Testament

I am praying...for salvation for family members, for our January Mission trip to Honduras

I am hearing...the computer "hum", cars driving, fingers typing

Around the house...crafting, garden box building (thanks Will & Greg), thinking about plants, watching 3 week old puppies learn to walk

One of my favorite things...phone calls

A few plans for the rest of the week...general house clean up, lots of crafting/sewing, Bible Study at church, Greg's 4 day weekend for New Years, chaperoning our Youth New Years Eve get together, enjoying our school-less days

Proverbs 3:5-10

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.  Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.  This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.  Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops, then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.

To read other daybooks, please visit...
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you, a spirit of gratefulness does seem to be missing in most people nowadays. We as Christians can surely stand out in the crowd when we demonstrate thankfulness!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is much to be thankful for! You are correct! Many have stopped saying thank you for anything! Parents don't each their kids thankfulness. Sounds like you will have a nice day at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad about the thankfulness, but you are right. There's lots of sad stuff in this world.

    Smocking, class?? My friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The smocking class is coming ~ Rosana asked me to postpone it. She and Emmalyn want to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to read all Daybooks. Your one is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love phone calls too- I feel that some of our connections are being lost through text, facebook, twitter and other social media. You can tell so much from the tone of voice and pause in a friends words when on the phone.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.